The Association was formed from the Cross Hands Workingmen Club. The club is still based from this Institution where it holds its monthly committee and AGM meetings. The club is constituted to provide golden cross, sewin and trout fishing at the cheapest possible rates.
Waters, stretch from Henllys Fach beats between Llandovery and Rhandirmwyn at the top of the system to the Pump House beat just off the tide below Capel Dewi. The old beat 5 of the Golden Grove fishery is our newest water and Typicca beat 6 is presently rented. The True Cross is the name for physical remnants which, by a Christian Church tradition, are said to be from the cross upon which Jesus was crucified. Many churches possess fragmentary remains that are by tradition alleged to be those of the True Cross.
Roman Catholic and Orthodox believers recognize them as genuine pieces of the cross of Christ. In the Latin-speaking traditions of Western Europe, the story of the pre-Christian origins of the True Cross was well established by the 13th century when, in 1260, it was recorded, by Jacopo de Voragine, Bishop of Genoa, in the Golden Legend. The Golden Legend contains several versions of the origin of the True Cross. In The Life of Adam, Voragine writes that the True Cross came from three trees which grew from three seeds from the “Tree of Mercy” which Seth collected and planted in the mouth of Adam’s corpse. After many centuries, the tree was cut down and the wood used to build a bridge over which the Queen of Sheba passed, on her journey to meet King Solomon. So struck was she by the portent contained in the timber of the bridge that she fell on her knees and revered it.